使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:13:28 | 显示全部楼层
I’ve been a consistent advocate of road handlebars for bicycle travel for some time. I really like the near/far/high/low hand locations, as well as the slightly different wrist angles. But a handlebar called the Velo Orange Casey’s Crazy Bar recently piqued my interest – so I bought a set.

一直以来,我都是一个弯把的死忠粉。我真的很喜欢弯把远近高低都能兼顾到的把位设定,以及不同把位之间稍微不同的手腕角度。但是最近有一个叫做Velo Orange Crazy Bar的车把引起了我的兴趣,于是我买了一套来试了一下。

e95d6790f603738dd91a3510bd1bb051f819ec08.jpg

What The?!

This weird-looking ‘alt’ handlebar is a unique combination of a bullhorn and swept-back flatbar. The 400mm wide bullhorn section offers a stretched-out, aerodynamic position similar to the brake ‘hoods’ on a drop handlebar. The centre portion replicates the ‘tops’ of a drop handlebar. And this is all mated to a 45-degree sweptback section that is both ergonomic and wide for additional steering stability.

The Crazy Bar is constructed using heat-treated aluminium which is fine for touring, but not intended for mountain bike use. That said, Velo Orange produce a steel version that is MTB-rated.

Weight is very reasonable at 450 grams. That makes these bars lighter than many alt handlebars including the Jones Loop in both titanium and aluminium. The Crazy Bars come in both black or silver and can be purchased for just US $60.

什么鬼?!

这个异型把是一个由牛角把和后掠直把凑在一起的独特组合。(作者说的牛角把其实就是国内改折叠车经常会用到的TT把,把端有个模仿手变的翘起部分)400mm宽的牛角把部分提供了一个既让人舒展开来,又符合空气动力学的骑姿,这其实就类似于弯把上的手变头。中间的部分其实就和弯把的上把位一模一样。而所有这些类似于公路弯把的把位,都和一个45度的后掠把连在了一起。这既符合弯把把位的人体工程学,又提供了后掠把把位额外的转向稳定性。

Crazy Bar的材质是热处理铝,这使得它比较适合旅行车使用,而不是山地车。Velo Orange生产的不锈钢版本才适用于山地车。

至于Crazy Bar的重量,450g,这已经算是非常合理了。这已经比市面上许多异型把要轻,包括Jones Loop的钛合金和铝合金版本。Crazy Bar有黑色和银色两种颜色可选,只要60美元就可以买到,大概400出头的人民币。

The journey not the arrival matters.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:15:46 | 显示全部楼层
The Perfect Replacement for Drop Handlebars?

The Crazy Bar is a little different to other ‘alt’ handlebars: it’s optimised for bikes that come with road handlebars.

Huh?

Ok, let me explain. Frames designed around road handlebars are ideally shorter than those with flat handlebars. This is because the distance you have to reach to access the brakes is about 50mm further on a road handlebar. Therefore, to get the same overall ‘reach’ we need shorter frames to compensate for this handlebar discrepancy. In fact, Salsa offers their Marrakesh touring frames in both a flatbar and dropbar design to make sure you achieve a comparable overall reach with your desired handlebar.

Given that the bullhorn section of the Crazy Bar matches the brake hood position of a road handlebar, these bars tend to be best fitted to a bike that currently uses road handlebars. If you’re thinking of fitting these to a bike that comes with flat handlebars, you’ll need to lop more than 40mm off the length of your stem to compensate.

弯把的完美替代品?

Crazy Bar和其他异型把有点不同:它是为弯把车架而优化的。

纳尼?

好吧,让我来解释一下。为搭配公路弯把而设计的车架比那些为平把设计的车架相对来说更短。这是因为,弯把上的刹把比平把上的刹把要远大概50mm。因此,为了获得相同的最终Reach,弯把车架需要用更短的车架来弥补这个车把的差异。事实上,Salsa提供了弯把和直把两个不同设计的Marrakesh车架来确保你能找到一个合适自己把型的最终Reach。

考虑到Crazy Bar的牛角把部分和弯把的刹把位置相匹配,Crazy Bar最适合安装于那些正在使用弯把的自行车。如果你想把Crazy Bar装在一台正在使用平把的自行车上,你得在把立上减掉超过40mm的长度。

e8c584014c086e0698381a790c087bf40bd1cbc8.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:18:15 | 显示全部楼层
The Crazy Bar Geometry

The total width of the Velo Orange Crazy Bar is 666mm. I’ve found this width to offer as much handlebar leverage as I need to tackle even the roughest dirt trails. The distance between the bullhorns is 400mm which feels really natural for me as a rather oversized human. They’re probably going to be on the wide side if you’re a small female, however.

The sweptback section is the same 22.2mm bar diameter as a regular flat handlebar, fitting MTB shifters, Rohloff shifters and all the standard hydro or cable brake levers. The 22.2mm bar diameter extends to the ‘tops’ where it permits you to fit Paul ‘Thumbie’ shifters that use a hinge-clamp design. The bar diameter of the bullhorn section matches that of the ‘drops’ of a road handlebar. You can fit barend shifters to the end of the bullhorns, or perhaps even inverse brake levers (like those on a time trial bike).

The handlebar clamp diameter is 25.4mm. This is the old MTB size while current stems are 31.8mm. Not a huge deal, but it did mean that I couldn’t use any of my spare 31.8mm stems.

Crazy Bar的几何

Crazy Bar的总宽度是666mm。我感觉即使是在我骑过的最烂的烂路上,这个宽度也已经提供了足够多的操控性。两个牛角之间的距离是400mm,就和公路弯把差不多,我体型很大,感觉抓起来很自然。不过,如果你是一个小女生的话,抓起来可能会感觉有点太宽了。

后掠部分是和普通直把相同的22.2mm,这代表你可以安装常规的山地指拨,Rohloff转把、以及所有标准的油碟线碟V刹刹把。22.2mm的直径一直延伸到上把位,这允许你安装使用铰链夹固定的刹把、指拨以及Paul拇指指拨(Paul Thumbie shifters就是一个梁变/端变转换座,允许你用拇指来控制装在车把上的梁变)。牛角把部分的直径为23.8mm,这和常规公路弯把的下把位直径一样。你可以将把端指拨甚至是TT刹把装到牛角把的末端

车把中心的直径为25.4mm。这是旧的山地车规格,而现代的规格一般都是31.8mm。这没什么大不了的,但也的确意味着我家里那么多31.8mm的把立都派不上用场了。

e8c584014c086e06600f12790c087bf40ad1cb3d.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:25:14 | 显示全部楼层
Fit and Ergonomics

When I installed the Crazy Bars I found the stem position to be rather different from how I like my road handlebars.

My final position is about 50mm lower and I’ve switched the stem to a model that’s 20mm shorter. This is because I’ve opted for a bar height somewhere between the height of my ‘hoods’ and ‘drops’ of my road handlebar setup. As this lower height increases the reach to the handlebars, I’ve reduced the length of my stem.

I originally had the Crazy Bars setup to be completely horizontal. This worked out well when using the bullhorns, but the 45-degree section put too much stress on my wrists after a few hours. I rotated the handlebars back and they’re now sitting at 11-degrees from parallel. I don’t like the bullhorn position as much in this location, but my wrists don’t complain in the sweptback position.

车把设定与人体工程学

当我安装Crazy Bar的时候,我发现把立长度的选择与安装位置跟我用弯把的时候有很大的不同。

最后,我的把立高度大约低了50mm,而且我把把立换成了短20mm的型号。这是因为我选择了一个介于我弯把的刹把位和下把位之间的高度。又由于高度降低了,最终的Reach变得更大,所以我将把立的长度也相对的减少了一点。

最初我把Crazy Bar设置成完全水平。这在我抓牛角部分的时候效果很好,但是45度后掠的部分效果就不那么理想了,骑了几个小时之后,后掠部分给我的手腕施加了太多的压力。后来我把车把往上转了11度左右,我不太喜欢这个角度的牛角把把位,但是我的手腕在后掠把位上终于舒服了。

f49e501ed21b0ef43724b36cd3c451da80cb3e8b.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:27:16 | 显示全部楼层
Other Good Things
Off-Road Descending
Compared to my road handlebars, the Crazy Bars offer so much more control. I’ve found I can really load up my front panniers, and be able to steer them with precision on some really rough sections of road. This can be attributed entirely to the additional width on offer.
MTB Shifters
I have a whole series of articles on this website dedicated to mating MTB derailleurs with road bike shifters to achieve lower gear ratios. I have a page which shows you all the ways to mount a Rohloff shifter on a road handlebar. I talk about the benefits of barend/friction shifters in multiple sections too. But all of these are irrelevant workarounds when it comes to the Crazy Bar – just fit your MTB derailleurs with your MTB shifters and enjoy.
Brake Cables
Brake cable changes are a real pain on road handlebars because the brake cables run underneath your bartape. With regular v-brake levers, you can open up the brake cables for a quick lube in a matter of seconds. My brakes have never felt snappier!

其他好事
烂路下坡
和公路弯把比起来,Crazy Bar提供了更多的操控性。我发现我真的可以在前货架满载的情况下,在一些非常崎岖的道路上精确地操控车把。这完全多亏了后掠把位提供的额外宽度。
山地指拨
我在Cyclingabout上面发表了一大堆文章,讲如何将山地后拨和公路手变搭配在一起,以实现较低的传动比。我还有一篇文章,里面讲的都是用公路弯把搭配Rohloff内十四的各种千奇百怪的方法。我还讲了各种把端指拨搭配公路弯把的优点。但一旦你用上Crazy Bar,我之前讲的所有这些都不关你的事了。。直接用山地指拨来拉你的山地后拨,用Rohloff转把来变你的Rohloff花鼓吧。。。
刹车线管
弯把换刹车线管实在是一件很头疼的事情,因为刹车线管从把带下面走,换线管必须拆掉把带。但是使用普通的V刹刹把,你可以在几秒钟之内松开刹车线管,我刹车从来没有这么爽过!
bba4374c510fd9f94842455b2b2dd42a2834a403.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:35:05 | 显示全部楼层
Crazy Bars vs. Surly Moloko Bars

The Surly Moloko looks to be a pretty similar handlebar to the Velo Orange Crazy Bar.

Both of these alt handlebars offer a ‘bullhorn’ type section out front to give a similarly extended reach. The rest of the handlebar is quite different though. In the sweptback position, the Moloko has a longer reach due to its 34-degree sweep angle. It’s also 7cm wider overall. There’s not really a ‘tops’ section on the Moloko as there is with the Crazy Bar, but the Surly has its equivalent albeit ~15cm further forward.

Otherwise, the Moloko has more space for accessories, but it won’t take a handlebar bag due to the cross bar.

Surly Moloko Bar看起来很像Crazy Bar,这两个异型把都提供了一个牛角部分,有大致相同的Reach。不过这两个车把的其余部分则完全不同,Moloko Bar在后掠部分有更长的Reach,因为它在车把中部有一个34度的前掠角。Moloko的总宽度也比Crazy Bar宽了7cm。Surly Moloko把其实并不像Crazy Bar那样有一个弯把的上把位,但是Surly也有它的替代品:用一个新的把横将两个牛角把位连接起来。

除此以外,Moloko有更多的空间来安装各种各样的车把配件,但因为有那个多出来的把横,所以它装不了车头包,而Crazy Bar则可以装车头包。

7868199b033b5bb569bc39cc38d3d539b600bc71.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:35:54 | 显示全部楼层
Final Thoughts
A few trips ago I couldn’t imagine riding a bike without road handlebars. But after 4000km+ on the Crazy Bars, I have zero intention of switching back. I’ve still got my aerodynamic ‘road’ position in the form of the bullhorns. The only thing I really miss about my old drop bars is the bike aesthetic, but I’m almost over that now.
The Crazy Bars have got to be the most versatile bar option. The extra width makes descending on rough roads easy, even with heavy front panniers. The narrow bullhorn section allows you to cut through the wind. The 22.2mm bar diameter takes away the need to do any workarounds when matching MTB derailleurs with road shifters.
Here’s to the next 12-months with the Crazy Bars.

The Good
Aerodynamic positioning
Wide ergonomic handhold for extra stability when descending offroad
Use MTB shifters that mate well to MTB derailleurs for a wide gear range
VERY easy to change brake inner/outer cables as they don't run under bartape
One of the only alt handlebar options designed for road handlebar bikes
Silicone grip compatible
Handlebar bag compatibleI
can hook my poncho over the bullhorns in the rain

The Bad
There's no 'low' position like the drops on a road handlebar
Aesthetically they're nowhere near as classy as a road handlebar
25.4mm is an uncommon clamp diameter these days

最后的一些想法
几次旅行之前,我想象不出在没有弯把的情况下骑自行车是什么样子。但是用Crazy Bar骑了超过4000公里之后,我一点都不打算再换回弯把。我仍然能用牛角把位来实现我低趴的气动姿势。我真正怀念的,也是我唯一怀念的,是我车子的颜值。。。但我现在几乎已经习惯这个外观了。
Crazy Bar可以说有最多样化的把位选择。额外的把宽使得烂路下坡变得很容易,即使在前轮负重的情况下也是如此。偏窄的牛角把位和相似的上把位使得你能像用公路弯把一样舒服。22.2mm的车把直径可以直接安装山地刹把和指拨,不需要再为手变搭配山地后拨而大费脑筋。
接下来的一年,为Crazy Bar干杯!

优点
1、符合空气动力学的骑姿。
2、符合人体工程学的后掠把位,在下坡时提供额外的稳定性。
3、可以直接安装山地指拨,更好搭配山地后拨。
4、更换刹车线管变得很简单,因为它们不会在把带下面走线。
5、几乎是唯一一个为弯把车架设计的异型把。
6、可以安装ERGON等品牌的人体工学把套。
7、下雨的时候我可以把斗篷挂在牛角把上。
缺点
1、没有弯把的下把位。
2、从自行车审美的角度上来看,它们真鸡儿丑。
3、25.4mm并不是一个常见的车把直径。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:39:26 | 显示全部楼层
我前几天骑的时候一直在想这个车把。Crazy Bar如果把后掠的部分砍掉,其实跟我的公路弯把将下把位砍掉是一模一样的效果。所以Crazy Bar其实就是将弯把骑长途时比较少用的下把位换成了一个姿势更休闲,控车也更好,还能装人体工学把套的后掠把位。说实话,下把位我就是比赛的时候都比较少抓,别说骑长途了。我抓下把位只有两种情况,第一种,接近FTP的平路高速巡航,第二种,平路摇车冲刺。冲刺的情况在长途骑行中基本是不可能出现的,而高速巡航我也很少这么干。。所以用公路弯把骑了两万多公里长途之后,我得出的结论是,弯把的下把位对于长途骑行来说有点多余。后来我又试了下,假装我的弯把两边有个后掠把位,感受一下背部和手部的角度,发现这样还挺舒服的,如果我换这个把的话连把立长度都不用改,所以我下一台旅行车可能会试一下这个弯把。
994b523e6709c93d3eb7ddc5913df8dcd1005413.jpg

113335u933eigi33ttg6ke.jpg

04bb1bd12f2eb93888b6a9c0db628535e4dd6f81.jpg

fd32f0c451da81cb50a350ff5c66d01609243113.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2019-2-20 12:40:14 | 显示全部楼层
至于顶风的情况,1,把手肘弯成直角再抓手变头。2,把前臂搭在弯把的上把位。这两种姿势都比抓下把位更气动,下把位是大力踩踏的同时需要控车才抓的。
1c5443061d950a7ba96597f604d162d9f2d3c909.jpg

1b6a81af2edda3cc7f2566120fe93901203f929f.jpg

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|Bikepacking.cn - 漫行记 ( 京ICP备2022017465号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-23 05:00 , Processed in 0.114268 second(s), 34 queries .